The Lyco Lowdown: An Insider's View of Life at Lycoming

Columbinus Project

Posted by Briana Burley-Inners on May 22, 2017 9:08:22 AM
Read More

Topics: Student Life, Campus Activities, Liberal Arts Education, Current Events

Laci Green on Rape Culture

Posted by Ali Preston on May 9, 2017 12:46:32 PM
Read More

Topics: Student Life, Campus Activities, Current Events, Social Issues

Lycoming named to Princeton Review's Best 382

Posted by Dr. Kent Trachte on Apr 25, 2017 4:03:02 PM

I am delighted to share the exciting news that Lycoming College has been selected as one of the newest additions to the Best 382 Colleges list published by the Princeton Review. In particular, the August 2018 edition, which will be available in August 2017, will feature Lycoming as one of six new schools receiving the Best 382 designation. This designation means that the Princeton Review regards Lycoming College as among the “cream of the crop” of undergraduate institutions in America.

Read More

Topics: Insider, Study Abroad, Applying to College, Campus Activities, Academics, Residential Life, Current Events, International Student Experience, Community

Murder Mystery at Lycoming College?

Posted by Montana Crossman on Apr 10, 2017 4:22:05 PM
Read More

Topics: Student Life, Campus Activities

Opportunity

Posted by Amanda Goulden on Mar 7, 2017 3:00:00 PM

"When opportunity knocks, don't let fear hold you back. Open the door and embrace the opportunity that has come forth." - Anonymous  

Read More

Topics: Student Life, Freshman Year, Campus Activities

Senior Bucket List

Posted by Stephanie Osczepinski on Mar 6, 2017 3:19:19 PM
Read More

Topics: Student Life, Campus Activities, Community

Trip to New York City

Posted by Hedy Gerace on Mar 3, 2017 4:00:00 PM

This semester, Lycoming College introduced an exciting opportunity to its students: open bus trips.

Read More

Topics: Student Life, Campus Activities

Camping Out for HersheyPark

Posted by Jay Patel on Dec 28, 2016 12:28:46 PM

At 4:45am on a frigid Monday morning, my friends and I shiver as we wait to get our tickets to HersheyPark. With below-freezing temperatures and classes in four hours, I questioned how my friends dragged me into this. I figured either one of two things: either they're very convincing or I am very easily persuaded. Regardless of the temperature, there were thirty other people camping out. No one could stay warm in the 26-degree Fahrenheit weather as heard by their chattering teeth, but everyone had one goal in mind: get (free) tickets! As for me, my goal was to survive the morning and sleep in my warm, comfy bed after classes.

Read More

Topics: Student Life, Campus Activities

The Lycoming College Student Recital

Posted by Amanda Goulden on Dec 7, 2016 2:00:00 PM

I just had my first piano recital at Lycoming College! I was both excited and nervous. I played a piece called “Puck” by Edvard Grieg. Puck is very energetic and full of character and it was a lot of fun to perform. The recital was in the Mary Lindsay Welch Honors Hall which is just across the street from where most of the buildings on campus are. I have gone to a few noon recitals in this building. A noon recital is when faculty members, students or invited musicians perform for students to attend.  It is also open to the surrounding community. Going to these recitals adds something new and different to your day and the musicians are always incredibly talented. I like that Lycoming offers a platform for so many people to display their talents and for the campus and community to be able to watch and appreciate their work. 

Read More

Topics: Student Life, Campus Activities

Lycoming's Trip to Hershey Park

Posted by Montana Crossman on Dec 7, 2016 9:00:00 AM

My freshman year at Lycoming College, my friends and I attended the fall trip to Hershey Park. We all had a great time, and I couldn’t wait to go again. My sophomore year, we did not attend the trip, but this year my friend Abbie and I went with the Campus Activities Board (CAB).

Read More

Topics: Student Life, Campus Activities