The Lyco Lowdown: An Insider's View of Life at Lycoming

Ranking Lycoming College's On-Campus Food

Posted by Dellon Jones on May 22, 2017 1:27:57 PM
Read More

Topics: Insider, Student Life, Campus Dining

A Change of the Guard: New Meal Plans at Lyco?

Posted by Montana Crossman on May 9, 2017 11:05:07 AM

For the first three years of my college experience, we have had the same meal plan options. The old meal plans were each worth $2,797. The first of the previous two options gave students unlimited access to the cafeteria (meaning you could swipe into the cafeteria multiple times during the day) with around $100 of flex money, which could be used at either Jack’s Corner (the late-night fast-food place on campus) or Café 1812 (the coffee and sandwich place on campus). The second previous meal plan option gave you 14 meal slots a week (to be used at the cafeteria or the Café) and $150 in flex. Because of meal equivalency, there were times when you could get food at the Café instead of going to the cafeteria.

Read More

Topics: Student Life, Residential Life, Campus Dining

How's the Food, You Ask?

Posted by Jay Patel on Dec 30, 2016 10:04:00 AM

To be quite frank, the food at Lycoming College is typically satisfying: not the best, but not the worst. There are some exceptions, however. Some days the food on campus is so good that I unbuckle my belt to make room for more! Then, some days, I resort to scavenging my friends' rooms and devouring several cups of Maruchan noodles.

Read More

Topics: Student Life, Campus Dining