The Lyco Lowdown: An Insider's View of Life at Lycoming

Honors Societies at Lycoming College

Posted by Montana Crossman on May 30, 2017 11:08:40 AM
Read More

Topics: Liberal Arts Education, Academics, Career Advice

The WISE Internship Application

Posted by Montana Crossman on Mar 31, 2017 5:30:00 PM
Read More

Topics: Summer Experience, Career Advice

Career Services: The Real Life-Savers

Posted by Montana Crossman on Dec 13, 2016 2:20:44 PM

One of my greatest regrets about my college career is waiting so long to take advantage of Lycoming College's career advisors. As a freshman, I thought that I had plenty of time before I had to start thinking about my career after college. Just recently as a junior, I started to have a mental breakdown. Questions were flying through my mind at the speed of light, and I had no answers.

Read More

Topics: Career Advice

Graduate School 101: A Professor’s Answers to Common Questions

Posted by Justin Medina on Nov 17, 2016 1:43:26 PM

The decision to attend graduate school can be stressful and it occurs during a time when students are making other important life decisions, such as deciding where to live and what type of career to pursue.  As a professor, I made this same decision and went through the graduate school experience myself.  I’ve also advised and written recommendation letters for many criminal justice students applying to graduate programs.  So, these are pointers from my experience that are intended to help you decide if graduate school is right for you.  What I’ve noticed throughout the years is that students frequently ask several common questions.  My intention here is to help reduce your stress about the graduate school decision by addressing these frequently raised questions. 

Read More

Topics: Career Advice