The Lyco Lowdown: An Insider's View of Life at Lycoming

Columbinus Project

Posted by Briana Burley-Inners on May 22, 2017 9:08:22 AM
Read More

Topics: Student Life, Campus Activities, Liberal Arts Education, Current Events

Laci Green on Rape Culture

Posted by Ali Preston on May 9, 2017 12:46:32 PM
Read More

Topics: Student Life, Campus Activities, Current Events, Social Issues

Lycoming named to Princeton Review's Best 382

Posted by Dr. Kent Trachte on Apr 25, 2017 4:03:02 PM

I am delighted to share the exciting news that Lycoming College has been selected as one of the newest additions to the Best 382 Colleges list published by the Princeton Review. In particular, the August 2018 edition, which will be available in August 2017, will feature Lycoming as one of six new schools receiving the Best 382 designation. This designation means that the Princeton Review regards Lycoming College as among the “cream of the crop” of undergraduate institutions in America.

Read More

Topics: Insider, Study Abroad, Applying to College, Campus Activities, Academics, Residential Life, Current Events, International Student Experience, Community

The Political Binary

Posted by Montana Crossman on Feb 17, 2017 5:00:00 PM

Our world is filled with binaries. Some we barely notice, taking them as they are presented to us. But others are overwhelmingly apparent, such as the current great division between Democrats and Republicans in America. However, despite the pressure Americans feel to choose between these two, republicans and democrats do not represent all of America.

Read More

Topics: Liberal Arts Education, Current Events

Reflections on a Trip to Puebla, Mexico

Posted by Dr. Kent Trachte on Jan 23, 2017 2:26:15 PM

The plane has lifted off from Puebla International Airport.  It’s January 16, and Director of Alumni Relations Amy Reyes and I just completed an extraordinary weekend attending the sixth and final State of the State Address of Lycoming graduate and Governor of the State of Puebla Rafael Moreno Valle ’91.  We had accepted an invitation to be a special guest of the governor and undertook this trip to honor one of our most distinguished alumni.

Read More

Topics: Current Events, Lycoming College Alumni

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

Posted by Schai Bilger on Nov 10, 2016 2:30:00 PM

One of the downsides to being a commuter is having to deal with environmental issues. I live at home and my bedroom is in my basement. I do not live in a dorm with maintenance workers that will fix an issue that may arise. Now, I do not usually like to blame the forces of the universe for causing problems I might have, but this time is different.

Read More

Topics: Current Events

NaNoWriMo

Posted by Hedy Gerace on Nov 4, 2016 4:00:00 PM

November is National Novel Writing Month. NaNoWriMo.org is a website that challenges participants to write at least 50,000 words of a story throughout the month of November— which is difficult, but awesome. I’ve participated in NaNoWriMo for the last four Novembers, three of which I hit the word count goal. It’s definitely possible to win the challenge (provided you have enough coffee).

Read More

Topics: Current Events