The Lyco Lowdown: An Insider's View of Life at Lycoming

Let's Talk Culture - Part 1: The "big-talk" America

Posted by Nam Do on May 22, 2017 1:53:03 PM

[Words from author]

Read More

Topics: Insider, Student Life, Social Issues, International Student Experience

Wenn ein Warrior einen Berliner trifft

Posted by Nam Do on May 22, 2017 10:33:25 AM
Read More

Topics: Study Abroad, Student Life, Liberal Arts Education, International Student Experience

When a Warrior meets a Berliner

Posted by Nam Do on May 22, 2017 10:33:09 AM

It has been three months since I moved to Berlin. Life was not so easy at first, but I have now gotten used to it. The city is certainly much different from Williamsport, the home of Lycoming College. There have been so far some aspects which I like and also those that I do not enjoy as much, but I would like to talk about all of them either way, because –who knows –maybe one day you will also decide to study abroad in Germany.

Read More

Topics: Study Abroad, Student Life, Academics, International Student Experience

Lost in the Realm of Possibilities

Posted by Nam Do on May 9, 2017 10:24:23 AM

Read More

Topics: Study Abroad, Student Life, Liberal Arts Education, Academics, International Student Experience

Lycoming named to Princeton Review's Best 382

Posted by Dr. Kent Trachte on Apr 25, 2017 4:03:02 PM

I am delighted to share the exciting news that Lycoming College has been selected as one of the newest additions to the Best 382 Colleges list published by the Princeton Review. In particular, the August 2018 edition, which will be available in August 2017, will feature Lycoming as one of six new schools receiving the Best 382 designation. This designation means that the Princeton Review regards Lycoming College as among the “cream of the crop” of undergraduate institutions in America.

Read More

Topics: Insider, Study Abroad, Applying to College, Campus Activities, Academics, Residential Life, Current Events, International Student Experience, Community

Eight Things I Learned During My First Semester at Lycoming College

Posted by Bryan Manoo on Feb 6, 2017 4:00:00 PM

In one of my previous blogs, you may have read how moving to Lycoming College has been a journey of adaptation for me. From discovering the American culture to experiencing my first snow, from taking a class on the US Govt. and Politics to enjoying my first Thanksgiving break, and from leaving my country to making new friends at Lycoming, I would say that I had a great fall semester. As an international student, I learned many things throughout the fall semester, and in this blog I would like to share some of them with you.

Read More

Topics: Student Life, Freshman Year, International Student Experience

Applying as an International Student

Posted by Bryan Manoo on Feb 6, 2017 2:13:24 PM

If you’re reading this, maybe you will be applying to college this year or want to know more about the applications to study in the USA.  If you are an international student and planning to join college next year, you should start working on your application now just so you have time to have an application that stands out of the lot. Since I have been through the process and have learned a lot from it, I would like to share my experience with you all.

Read More

Topics: Admissions, International Student Experience

My First Semester at Lycoming College

Posted by Bryan Manoo on Dec 28, 2016 3:08:38 PM

On the 20th of August, after 24 hours of flight to reach the JFK airport and a five-hour drive to reach Williamsport, I arrived at Lycoming for the first time.

Read More

Topics: Freshman Year, International Student Experience