The Lyco Lowdown: An Insider's View of Life at Lycoming

A Change of the Guard: New Meal Plans at Lyco?

Posted by Montana Crossman on May 9, 2017 11:05:07 AM

For the first three years of my college experience, we have had the same meal plan options. The old meal plans were each worth $2,797. The first of the previous two options gave students unlimited access to the cafeteria (meaning you could swipe into the cafeteria multiple times during the day) with around $100 of flex money, which could be used at either Jack’s Corner (the late-night fast-food place on campus) or Café 1812 (the coffee and sandwich place on campus). The second previous meal plan option gave you 14 meal slots a week (to be used at the cafeteria or the Café) and $150 in flex. Because of meal equivalency, there were times when you could get food at the Café instead of going to the cafeteria.

Read More

Topics: Student Life, Residential Life, Campus Dining

Lycoming named to Princeton Review's Best 382

Posted by Dr. Kent Trachte on Apr 25, 2017 4:03:02 PM

I am delighted to share the exciting news that Lycoming College has been selected as one of the newest additions to the Best 382 Colleges list published by the Princeton Review. In particular, the August 2018 edition, which will be available in August 2017, will feature Lycoming as one of six new schools receiving the Best 382 designation. This designation means that the Princeton Review regards Lycoming College as among the “cream of the crop” of undergraduate institutions in America.

Read More

Topics: Insider, Study Abroad, Applying to College, Campus Activities, Academics, Residential Life, Current Events, International Student Experience, Community

College vs. High School

Posted by Briana Burley-Inners on Jan 27, 2017 10:00:00 AM

It is finally Christmas break. Off for an entire month before we are back at it again for Spring semester. In several cases, I have found college to be completely different from high school, yet in some cases, there seems to be no difference in my experience.

Read More

Topics: Student Life, Residential Life

5 Must Haves for your Dorm

Posted by Mikayla Feldbauer on Dec 29, 2016 2:39:07 PM

My first semester at Lycoming College has just come to a close, and I now realize that there are many objects in my dorm that have been very useful to me. While these aren't pure necessities, they definitely make dorm living better.

Read More

Topics: Residential Life

Thoughts on One Life-Changing Student Position

Posted by Nam Do on Dec 11, 2016 1:00:00 PM

I was walking back to my room the other night when I came across this little delight in the hallway:

Read More

Topics: Residential Life, Community

Stay Connected!

The Lycoming College community is vibrant and fast-paced, and our students are as busy as ever! Subscribe below for weekly email updates on:

• Study Abroad Trips
  • Campus Activities
  • Athletics
  • Community Engagement
  • Admissions Tips
  • And much more!

Subscribe to Email Updates

Recent Posts